My Favorite Lesson to Teach | Miss Señorita

My Favorite Lesson to Teach


Every year I look forward to some lessons more than the others that I teach. But there's one in particular that I looooooove teaching.

It's my FAVORITE day of the school year because I love teaching this lesson so much.


It's the lesson on "¿Cómo estás?" with Spanish 1 students.

Why, you ask, is it my favorite?

Because it's so fun!

I teach students the question "¿Cómo estás?" and I have them repeat it until I'm satisfied with how the chorus of students sounds. Then in order to teach the possible answers, I over-exaggerate just how estoy muy bien or estoy muy mal I feel. I mean I make ridiculous facial expressions - I go hard with acting it out.

I ask students how they feel and if they say estoy muy bien but their tone doesn't seem very bien, I question them on it. I doubt their feelings of bien in front of the whole class. I encourage them to say it like they actually are muy bien or muy mal.  



I get so into it and so do the students! Everyone wants me to ask them "¿Cómo estás?" so that they can tell me estoy muy mal with the saddest face they can, or estoy muy bien as excited as they can, or estoy regular as plainly as they can.

It brings excitement into my classroom and high engagement, even with high school students who are far too cool to like school.

I teach this lesson in the first week of school, so it's kind of sad to be done with my favorite lesson so quickly! But it's early enough in the year that I have the students' undivided attention, while I act a fool teaching this vocabulary.


What's your favorite lesson to teach? Please comment below with your favorite topics to teach!




No comments

Post a Comment